Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Christmas in November

I've been fussed at recently for not posting anything....we've been so busy. We are in GA for Thanksgiving. I drove with the kids last Friday - they both did so well all day long. I never heard a peep out of Nina for 5 hours and 45 minutes of the drive....and for the last 30 minutes of the drive she screamed. She was ready to get out of the carseat. Ethan was perfect all day long, thank goodness! Anyways, we're here and have had a very busy week. Saturday we went to The Swan House for a baby shower. It was Nina's first time there and everyone had a fit over her - we're already training her right!

Mema with Ethan and Nina outside enjoying this beautiful weather!

Monday, Nina had her 6 months pictures - they were incredible and extremely difficult to decide which ones to buy. When she went for her 6 month checkup she was 18 lbs. 14 oz. and 27 1/2 inches long - right at 100% for everything. She has started eating baby food and loves it - gets mad when you take the spoon away.

Tuesday, we went to Phipps Plaza for Santa! Melanie had an appointment as well, so we went together. Mom and Mema met us up there (thank goodness) because Melanie and I looked a little insane walking around the mall with 4 kids under the age of 4! We had so much fun though and the kids did too. Avery didn't care for Santa, but they did get a picture and if I recall correctly, she didn't scream her head off...just wasn't thrilled about the idea. Ethan of course, loved Santa. He walked right up to him and crawled into his lap like he was his best friend. He wasn't too talkative, but he did ask him where Rudolph was - Santa told him it was too hot here in GA so he left him at the North Pole. He patted his belly and gave him hugs and kisses. The one thing he asked for was a camera. When he got off his lap and I got Nina, as we were walking away he said, "oh, oh Mommy, where is my camera?" He thought that he was getting his presents then and there! Too funny. Nina didn't know what to think of Santa - she just sat there similar to Ethan's first visit with Santa. Hopefully the picture turned out well. I'm hoping we can continue this tradition every year because you all know what Phipps Santa means to me! Melanie and I didn't plan to match our kids, but it looked like we did and they looked like they belonged together - I had several women ask me if they were all mine or Melanie's. Ummm....no! After Santa and lunch at Phipps, we went across the street to ride The Pink Pig. All 4 kids loved it!!! Another wonderful Atlanta tradition!!!
Making out our Christmas lists for Santa Claus
This is the closest I got to a good picture of them together - but if you look closely, I forgot Nina's panties....white trash, I know....but at least this is the only thing I forgot! How cute are our little ones in their lime green?

This is after visiting with Santa....standing in front of Tiffany's eating their candy canes!
The Pink Pig - one of Atlanta's great traditions!In this picture, you can see the original Pink Pig at the top left of the picture - this is what Courtney and I used to ride every year. One year we got in and they closed the side down....we pulled away and when we got back and they opened the side for us to get out, Courtney was all the way in the back of the Pig.....for those of you that know my sister....typical! The train type Pig is much easier for an adult to get in and out of, but not the same as the original! Nina thought she was so big getting to sit there all by herself!


Christmas has come early here at Nona and Poppa's house. Poppa decided that Ethan needed a power wheel - so he took him and let him pick one out. Ethan now has a BIG (like so big we're not sure how it will come to Memphis except on the back of Poppa's trailer) blue and orange Jeep. He loves it and goes all over the yard. He hasn't mastered the art of turning the steering wheel yet, but he's getting the hang of it. He loves putting Myrtle in the passenger seat with him and his drink in the cup holder. He discovered today that there is a glovebox that opens. There is also a radio that actually works - so he listens to "dance music" while he drives around. We're hoping to get Allie here this weekend to ride with him - or drive him around. I'm jealous because I never had one of these when I was almost 3!!!!
Watch out....here I come!

Bye, see ya later!


Well, I'm being asked to set the table for tomorrow....so I should post pics and go. We have all 3 grandparents here now and tomorrow my aunt, uncle and cousin will arrive for the day. A full house! We have a busy rest of the week planned with shopping and going to Auburn - my dad scored us Auburn/Alabama football tickets.....WAR EAGLE!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and a successful Black Friday! We have so much to be thankful for!

9 comments:

Jodi Brinkley said...

What a fun post. Looks like you guys have had a fun week in GA. I love the kids Christmas outfits. You're right...I might would have guessed all four of the kids belonged together too. Have a great Thanksgiving, and have fun at Auburn.

moshieraj said...

I LOVE their Christmas outfits!!! Your kids are so cute!

Elizabeth S said...

What fun pictures! The kids looked beautiful and you look great! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

King Family said...

We had so much fun with you all here. I think you should just stay. Allie can't wait to ride in the Jeep.

Courtney said...

How fun! We are going to do the Santa and Pink Pig with Will too. I am excited. I love their Christmas outfits! Did you and Melanie buy those together??? Will's Christmas outfit matches his cousin's. Oh yeah, what size does Ethan wear? I bid on and won a Bailey Boys outfit on eBay - didn't look at the size...it was a 4t. The really bad thing is that I did that twice! So I am about to pay for a 9 month outfit and a size 4T outfit. If Ethan wears that size I will send it to you. One side is stripe with little chrismas trees. The other side is blue corduroy with a bucket of popcorn...

Griner Mom said...

Love all the Christmas pics! All the kids looks so cute! I can remember riding the pink pig too. I am glad they keep traditions like that alive for new generations! Merry Christmas!

Kathy said...

What fun! You surely stayed busy while in Georgia. We somehow missed you again. I guess I will never meet Nina; how sad!

Heather said...

Looks like a great trip! I love it they all ended up in the matching lime green outfits!
In regards to your comment on my blog about Ethan weaning from the pacifier...wish me luck...I'm about to do the same w/ Hayden! Chris has been on me for months about it & I keep saying...when he turns 2! Which is in 2 days! Woe is me!!! LOL...

Jana said...

Those are great pictures. I am so glad you guys had a fun time while you were here. I didn't even get a chance to talk to you at church though. I guess we will see you in December.