Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had a nice and quiet Easter weekend. 150 or more, from our church went to Nashville for Lads to Leaders, so all of our friends were gone. Sunday evening everyone was back, so I decided to cook Easter dinner - Donnie, Cathy and the boys came over after church for dinner. We had a good time! Ethan really enjoyed Easter this year and asked me Sunday evening if it was still Easter time and if the Easter Bunny was going to leave another candy trail to his Easter basket in the morning....next year he will! Nina just liked playing with her puffy Easter basket (which was a $5 find at the Pottery Barn Outlet) and trying to get Ethan's candy in her mouth. Here are some pictures from the weekend.Dying Easter eggs around 9:30pm Saturday night - nothing like waiting until the last minute! The reach..... Yummy Lindt lambs for breakfast - probably a great Sunday School ahead of us!!!Ethan loves to play on stage after church, so I thought I'd try and get a picture - this was the best I could do. He just wanted to play! It was chilly on Easter, so it was hard to get pictures of them outside on the cold patioEthan was in the middle of asking me if we were done taking pictures and Nina was excited that Mark didn't take her candy out of her hands....this was the last attempt at an Easter picture!

Yes, I expect ridicule from various men in the Georgia area and will accept any comments they might have to say - but I still think this is the way a little boy should be dressed and I'm fine with that!

12 comments:

Jana said...

Great pictures. It is so hard with two now to get a great picture of both at the same time. I never got one. Glad you guys had a great Easter.

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

They look just beautiful, and I love the outfits! I got my way for a few years dressing John Mark...had a similar Strasburg outfit for him when he was 3. Then had to change to khakis and a button up shirt...I appreciated hubby indulging me for as long as he did though! Glad your Easter was fun and relaxing.

Jodi Brinkley said...

Beautiful pictures. I've never thought of the "candy trail" before. That's cute.

King Family said...

Looks like a fun Easter. We misses having you here. Great pictures.

Lindsay said...

He always looks so precious, you dress him so nice. At least some people down there expect little boys to be dressed like that...we got some crazy looks on Sunday for dressing Timtohy in his Strasburg outfit, but I didn't care!!

Heather said...

Kudos to you for dying Easter eggs! That was a tradition I remember growing up & I need to start it w/ my kids. Happy Easter!

Sheri Ellis said...

Cute. I'm usually with the men on the clothing for boys, except when Grammie makes the purchase. Austin only has 2 such outfits, his newest one I actually like because Austin looks like a baby it. He grew so fast, he doesn't much look like a baby anymore.

Ryan said...

I love those outfits for boys and if we ever had a son, I will buy them as long as my husband allows...which might not be too long.

Courtney said...

Could they be any cuter??? They look so sweet in their easter outfits! I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can put Will in those cute outfits...it is just WAY TOO COLD here in the winter to wear those thin oufits! I am stocking up for summer :) Glad you all had a happy easter!

Griner Mom said...

I love the pictures and looks like you had a nice Easter. I, for one, love the outfits!!!

moshieraj said...

Good find on the PBK easter basket! Your kids take the best pictures and you always have them dressed so cute! Are they spoiled???:)

Sandy Wisenbaker said...

Looks like you guys all had a great Easter! Todd wanted to know if Dean could borrow Ethans outfit? ;)