Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sunny Days and Rainy Days...

The weather has been so nice here lately, so we've been outside a lot! Yesterday, Ethan got his first little pink neck of the season - so we told him last night from now on we have to put sunscreen on. Now he thinks we're going to the beach because we talked about sunscreen! Nina is almost a year old and is so cute and sweet and really just a joy to be around (of course, that's her Mommy talking). It's funny how quickly they pick up on things and how they work. She knows how to turn the stereo on and is quite proud of herself when that happens. She knows what to do with a phone (surprise, surprise). She waves and says "hi" when she sees someone, blows kisses, and lately folds her hands to pray when we say prayers before meal time. How sweet is that?!

Sunday night after church, we had our Lads to Leaders kickoff - Hawaiian theme this year - the food was really good and the gym was decorated and there were games, etc....for the kids. It was a lot of fun. Anyways, we were heading down to the gym and Jen, one of Ethan's Wednesday night teachers, stopped me and said she had an Ethan story. Oh no, I thought! Because lately with this big boy underwear thing....the stories have been amusing to say the least. They start class (Sunday and Wednesday) with the teacher pulling out these big music notes that have been cut out of poster board - and they have the names of the songs that they sing on them. So the kids go around the table and pick out which song they want to sing. However, Mrs. Roberta (his Sunday am teacher) had taken the music notes home because she's making the kids their own song books....so they were without the notes this particular evening. Macey and Ivy both picked out their songs and then it was Ethan's turn. Jen said he kind of looked at her funny and then all of a sudden said he wanted to sing "are you washed in the blood of the lamb". Jen said she looked at Erica and they both just started laughing and wondered if either one of them knew how to start that song. Well, they did, and Ethan sang it with them! Then at the end he said he wanted to sing it super fast - Ivy's song choice was one that they sing regular and then super fast. Never a dull moment!!!
Ethan with his Nashville guitar we brought him - he was so happy! But he was a little upset because it didn't have a strap on it so he could wear it...

Oh, and Mark got him this lovely harmonica that he loves to play - the Elvis sunglasses are for Uncle Carl
One morning Mark and I were getting ready in the bathroom and we heard Ethan pushing around one of the stools I keep at the counter in the kitchen....a few minutes later, we walk into the living room to find this...Ethan had pushed the stool in front of the cabinet where I keep all the sippy cups and had gotten the pappy cup, but had taken all of Nina's out and left them in the cabinet but brought all of his to the couch. He still has it at nap and bedtime and we're trying so hard to just get rid of it. I just love pictures of sleeping babies - especially with their little bottom in the air!

Ethan chasing the soccer ball
Taking a break talking to Aunt Courtney. He kept saying, "Courtney, are you kidding me?" I don't know what she was saying to him, but that's what he kept saying to her.Ethan got my camera and started taking all kinds of pictures - they were so funny...some of his feet, the stereo....he had the best time walking around taking pictures with my cameraMy rainy day project - shower curtain for the kid's bathroom. Thanks to many fabric shopping trips with Randi and my mom, I'm hooked....I love going to look at fabric and I walked out with this fun one. I also got a red gingham and a pattern and am going to attempt to make some shorts for Ethan. Ok, Randi and Mom, why didn't you tell me that seam rippers are less than $2? I bought one! Nina yelling into Ethan's microphone I was trying to get a cute picture of the kids to send to my Mema for her birthday
Nina crawled into this box and thought it was so funny! Notice her red knees from crawling around so much! Kisses from Nina!

So as I'm sitting here posting this...our doorbell rings and Mark looks outside and notices that the "witnesses" are out in the neighborhood. We're all 4 in the office, right by the front door, so I'm sure they have heard us. Mark answers the door and there are 2 sweet ladies standing there and before they can even get ONE word out, Ethan starts with, "Hey, hey the Easter Bunny left me a trailer...wait, wait, Daddy, what's that called? Oh, a trail. The Easter Bunny left me a trail from my bed to my Easter basket. See this boo boo? I was running and fell and my truck hit my chin, but it doesn't hurt anymore. That man took his trailer and put it on a truck and put a cool car on it and they left." All of this was within like 30 seconds and I'm sitting here at the computer trying not to laugh out loud and Mark is trying to shut Ethan up and the ladies are just standing there laughing. I don't think they'll be coming around here again!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Great pictures - and stories!! Alex loves taking pictures too! I highly recommend the kids camera (Kool Pics) or something like that which is durable but has all the regular features plus some funny add ons he would love! Have a great week!

Jana said...

You got some really cute pics of them together. Ethanisms crack me up. He is too funny.

Heather said...

Love all the pics. Nina is getting so big & absolutely adorable!Ethan's Elvis sunglasses are so funny. I am SO dreading/struggling w/ Hayden & getting rid of the pacifier!!!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Ok...that was just fun. The kids are just precious. We miss seeing them.

King Family said...

The pictures of the two of them are good! I loved all the pictures. I still can't believe Nina is almost a year old. She is so precious and Ethan is so funny.

Griner Mom said...

You got some really cute pictures of them together which I know is not easy to do. They are both so sweet with such big personalities!!

Courtney said...

Love all the pics and I am impressed that you are sewing! Your mom told us te story about the "witnesses" - too funny!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Ethan has quite the personality! What fun! All the pics are good and the ons of them together are very cute!

Ryan said...

Ethan seems to have such a big personality!!!! I love the Elvis picture.

Courtney said...

I love you, too, Mandy! It is so great how much he is gaining weight. I still ask myself when looking at Him if He's really mine, LOL. I know when I get Him home it will feel more like He is mine. I just wish Dad could see Him, but maybe he already does. I know Dad would have fallen in love! I miss seeing You. Hopefully, it will be soon! Love You Again! - Courtney K.