Sunday, July 22, 2007

Ethan's first week away from home

Ethan spent last week in Georgia with Nona and Poppa. He had a wonderful time (despite an ear injury from a q-tip before he left Memphis). He went to his first Vacation Bible School and loved every minute of it! He played with his friends, went swimming, played in Poppa's garden, worked puzzles and read books with Nona, watched Finding Nemo with Poppa, ate at Chick-fil-A and of course, went to the bank. Mark and I missed him around the house, but it was nice to get some projects done uninterrupted, go to a movie (Evan Almighty - just rent it when it comes out on DVD), eat out without crayons on the table, carry on adult conversations, carry a diaper bag with no sippy cups in it, and I actually started reading a "real" book! We had a nice week and Ethan did as well, but we were ready for him to come home. I have many fond memories growing up spending a week with grandparents in the summer and at Christmas. Courtney and I always had so much fun with them and will always cherish those memories. I hope Ethan will have fond memories like that as well.


We are looking forward to the next couple of weeks together at home before we travel to Georgia for a couple of days and then to Hilton Head to meet Pa, Ro Ro, Carl and Jaime for a week. Then....the highly anticipated, dreadful day arrives....I turn 30!!!








3 comments:

Courtney said...

Cute pictures! I love Nina's pink elephant dress!!!

Sandra said...

Miss Nina looks like she is full of personality. She has a wonderful smile. Big brother suddenly looks so big. I can't believe Charlotte and I couldn't get our schedules to work out so we could get Ethan and Maddie together last week. We are all too busy!!

Ryan said...

YOur kiddos are getting so big...I can't believe how much bigger Nina has gotten since Heather's wedding!!!