Monday, August 27, 2007

Big Boy Bed




Since we have gotten back from the beach, Ethan has slept in his crib once (and that was only because it was 2:30am when we got home so he was asleep and we just laid him in there). We put his toddler bed together and put it in his big boy room and he sleeps in there now. He loves it and has done really well. I was afraid that I would have to lay down with him and struggle with him to stay in the bed and that he would get up many times, etc....so far so good! He is really doing well with the transition. Here are a few pictures from his new room.
Today, I was in the office working and Mark had just gotten home. Ethan was playing and Nina was asleep upstairs in the nursery. Since we moved Ethan, I wanted to raise the crib mattress to the highest point again and put all her bedding in there. One of the screws was messed up, so we haven't put the mattress back in there. So Nina was asleep and I just laid her (on her belly) in the middle of the mattress on the floor. Mark heard her waking up and crying a little so he went upstairs and I followed....this is what we found....
Oops! At least it was just a small fall - and I'm not sure if she rolled off or just scooted off.
Obviously she is fine and I went to get the camera! But this is the kicker...I said to Mark, "at least it wasn't off our bed...like when I let Ethan fall off our bed." And then he admitted to me that he had let Ethan roll off the changing table! Don't you wonder sometimes what our husbands don't tell us until months and possibly years later?!?!

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Congrats on the Big Boy bed!! His room looks great. Hope you are doing well.

Sandra said...

Love the story about Mark confessing to letting Ethan slip off the changing table. Isn't it wonderful how well children generally "bounce".
Keep enjoying your little ones.

Jana said...

I think I would rather just not know about any slips or falls like that. Congrats on getting the big boy bed transition out of the way.

Courtney said...

Yes, I am sure there are many things they don't tell us. Of course, I let Will roll of the bed onto hard wood floors...mother of the year!