Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Texas Trip

Whew...I'm glad to be home! Mom and I left for Texas Friday morning with the kids. It was a long day in the truck, but we made it. Baby Hunter is just the cutest - I forgot what an 8 lb. baby is like...I felt like I was going to break him. Although I didn't get to hold him that much. Courtney does NOT put him down and does not let many people hold him. I tried to convince her that she might be creating a monster, but I'll let her learn that lesson on her own! Ethan and Nina both loved him and were really gentle and sweet around him. Well, Ethan was Ethan several times, but other than that he was really sweet around Hunter. We enjoyed seeing Landon's family and worshiping with them on Sunday. Landon led singing Sunday night and sang 2 songs that Ethan requested and Ethan thought that was just great! We also saw their new church building that is almost finished and it is beautiful! After a trip on the road with hurricane evacuees, we're finally back home! I'm so glad to be home and don't want to go anywhere for a long, long time - or next week, whichever comes first! I took my bouncy seat for Hunter, but Nina occupied it most of the weekend. She thought it was so much fun to crawl in and out.
Courtney showing Ethan that riding the 4-wheeler with Landon is fun!
Now Ethan taking his turn
Hunter taking his turn - although he didn't go anywhere...just posed for pictures!
Hunter asleep in his swing
Nina pointing to her new cousin
Ethan had to do everything for Nina's baby that Courtney did for Hunter.... Nina on pappy patrol...
Yep, I got him to sleep!!!
Nina showing us her eyes
Hunter on Sunday - in the Feltman Brother's outfit my Daddy bought for Ethan's first Sunday
So sweet!!!
Usually when trying to get pictures of the kids, Ethan is the one that is difficult....today it was Miss Nina!!!




Nona with her 3 grand kids
Gregg and Karen (Landon's parents) with Hunter

Nina LOVED Aunt Megan
Ethan on the backhoe at the new church building

Nina once again on pappy patrol!
Once again trying for a picture with all 3 kids...and once again rooster Nina in rare form!
Our wonderful dentist, Dr. Vassey, is retiring this year and his staff has asked us for a family picture for him - look over Courtney's head....we tried to get Daddy in there too! Dr. Vassey has been our dentist for over 20 years and he's so special to us - he and his staff were at the funeral home and Daddy's funeral. We are going to miss him, but will continue to go to his practice!
So, my child refuses to eat Jello. Will not under any circumstances eat Jello...that is, until Aunt Courtney fixes it for him! Then he loves it! Thanks, Aunt Courtney, for making Ethan love Jello!! We love you!!

11 comments:

Jodi Brinkley said...

Looks like a great visit. Glad the weather didn't get too rough for you guys. The kids all look so beautiful together.

Jana said...

Glad you guys got the opportunity to go. Hunter is really growing as are Ethan and Nina. All the pictures look great.

Sandra said...

Mandy, thanks for the great pictures. All the children are adorable...I love that Nina on pappy patrol! She knows what the priorities should be. Hunter looks so sweet in the little suit Ethan wore...what fun to already have a family tradition going with the grandchildren. We love all of you.

Heather said...

What a fun trip. I'm so glad ya'll got to go out there. The pics of the kid were all so cute! :)

King Family said...

Great pictures! I am so glad you got to go. I love the pictures of all the kids together and the family picture. Hunter is so cute!
Can't wait to see you all soon.

Courtney said...

I love all of the pictures! I am glad you guys had a good visit. Nina is getting so big - they are all so cute! I have enjoyed seeing your mom this week too. I love your necklace with that yellow shirt - so pretty!

Unknown said...

Three beautiful children in blue!! Great pictures!

Griner Mom said...

Wheww!! You guys have been so busy!! I love all the pics and am glad you all are doing well!

Ryan said...

Wonderful pictures!! What a beautiful family you guys have!! Enjoy just being at home.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

What a great visit for you and I am sure that Courtney was so happy that you came to see her and her family! I love all the pics you posted of the kids together. Looks like the cousins get along well. Enjoy being home!

Julie Reagan said...

Oh - I so wish I could have gone with you on this visit! The picture with your mom and all the kids brought tears. Thank you for posting so many pictures and letting us all share in the visit. For the first time, I feel a little home sick.