Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ethan and Nina Update

Not too much has been going on here...well, we're busy as usual, but nothing out of the ordinary. Ethan is back into the swing of things with preschool. The first day back (after our beach trip), Mark took him and was standing out in the hall waiting on Ethan to decide when he was going to go in the classroom...and one of the other Moms told Mark that her little boy has been praying for Ethan - and they are friends because they cry together at preschool. She told him, well, why can't you be big boys together and not cry at preschool. Austin told her that it's more fun to cry together. We also found out that day that 3 other boys were fit to be tied that Ethan was gone for a week and a half. Every day they kept asking where he was and when he was coming back. How sweet! I don't think I've posted this before, but when he first started preschool, he cried as soon as I put him in the room. But after about 10 minutes he was fine. After that first day, Ethan became close friends with the Director, Mrs. Whiteside. They are best buds! She lets him come to her office mid morning to call me, just to check in and say hi. Now it's habit to call me, but it's about a 10 second conversation now. Once he's there, he loves it! While he's gone from the house, it's strange. Nina is SO quiet without her Bubba here to bother her. She will go into another room and just sit and play without making any noise. She is walking everywhere now and prefers to walk over crawling finally. She is talking a lot too and it's so sweet to hear her babble. Enjoy the pictures and Happy Fall!

Nina LOVES Mardi Gras beads. On a recent trip to Garden Ridge, I got her a pack - the best $2 spent in a looooong time!
Like I said, she's quiet. She had been playing with my bracelet and all of a sudden I didn't hear her anymore and walked into the room and found her like this. Chef Ethan making something yummy in the kitchen Funny bath time hair

Ethan and Nina in their Halloween pjs
Nina very proud of herself!

17 comments:

Jana said...

That's too funny that Ethan has to call you. So sweet. Those pics of them are so precious. Love the smiles.

Jamie said...

Excellent post... I love the pictures. Your family is so beautiful. I don't even want to think about Joey going to school... he isn't gonna leave our site for a long time.

Elizabeth S said...

Oh my goodness!! Could they be any cuter?!?!

King Family said...

How cute! That is a great picture of them together in their halloween pjs. Give them both a big hug for me.

Ryan said...

I love holiday pjs!!! They look adorable!!!

Sandra said...

Great pictures!!! I love the Nina with the beads and those wonderful faces Ethan made.

Courtney said...

Very Cute! I'm so proud of my nephew going to preschool! I bet he has a lot of fun with his friends,& Nina, she is so precious! I'm so proud to hear she is walking now, thats wonderful! Hope you & those cute kids are doing well. We love you!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! They are sooooo adorable!!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Love the Halloween PJ's. Your pictures are great and they look so happy!

Jodi Brinkley said...

First, I love the new look of your blog.
The pictures are too cute this time. I LOVE Ethan's bath time pics, and Nina is just precious. Love the pjs too.
I'm cracking up about the crying story. Sometimes it is just better to cry together.

Griner Mom said...

Great pics!!! I love your new blog page too!

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

I like the new look. Thank you for the update. Ethan and Nina get cutier and cutier every day. I love the pictures. We love and miss you all.

Megan

Nanalaine said...

Love the beach picture - it could be a magazine cover! All the pictures and stories are wonderful. This is a great way to document all these little growing up moments. It goes by so quickly. Love you all!

Shannon said...

Sweet story about his friend crying with him! Alex went through that at first too, but now he runs from me...hmm, wonder if that means anything! Ha! Such cute shots of the halloween pj's, can't wait to see all the pictures taken by everyone in the next few weeks. Have a great day!

Heather said...

Love the pics & your new background! Ethan's hair is too funny & Nina looks so sweet as usual. Can't wait to hear her babbling!!

Susan said...

Nina is so cute! I enjoy checking in to see how they are growing and changing!

Dee-Dee said...

Your kids are precious. I'll email you about the sewing...