Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fun Times...

It's hard to believe Halloween is next weekend! Ethan had preschool pictures last week - Mark said I dressed him like he was going to a polo match. Whatever. Tuesdays at the zoo are free for TN residents, so we went last Tuesday. We haven't renewed our membership yet, so we thought we'd take advantage of a free day. Anyways, we went with several from church. It was also Shelby County Fall break - so the zoo was a ZOO. It was ridiculously crowded, but the kids had fun. We have a great zoo and always enjoy going. Nina's favorite words lately are "Whoa" and "Wow" so she kept yelling those and pointing when we got there. It was hilarious. We also went to Macie Mae's 4th birthday party on Saturday and Ethan got to wear his Halloween costume. Last night we went to see Madeleine play soccer and then to Booya's for dinner. This weekend we're going to Harding Academy's Homecoming Friday, Saturday is Race for the Cure and Sunday night at church is our Trunk or Treat. Next weekend Nona is flying in for Halloween and to keep Nina while we go to the Auburn/Ole Miss game with the Maunds. Busy busy! Ethan before heading out to preschool - new haircut and polo clothes (according to Mark)


Ethan has this incredibly sharp memory - but of course when it's shaved ice, who can forget? We always get a shaved ice by the elephants - it's the only $ we spend at the zoo, but it's a great $3 spent! Today was peach (orange) picked by Ethan. It was yummy!
Of course, it was 85 degrees that day, so we had to pull summer clothes back out! Shaved Ice was a must!!
Charlie, Macie, Ethan and Nina watching the sea lion show
Ethan playing inside the eggs in the petting zoo area

Macie and Ethan watching the flamingos
Ethan in his knight costume Nona brought back from her trip to England this past summer

Macie, Ethan and Ivy enjoying cake and ice cream
Nina and Mr. Marion at Madeleine's soccer game

Kathy's sister in law made this dress - isn't it so cute? I bought it a little big so she could wear it 2 years
Do you know who this looks like...... Charlotte - look at my mom's baby pictures and you'll see it too!
So after seeing this post, Mrs. Kennedy found this picture of my Mom and her brother. Can't you see the resemblance too? Somehow Nina got Nona's blond curls! Thanks, Mrs. K for pulling this picture out, scanning it and sending it to me! Here I am Mommy!
Ethan and Nina laughing at Daddy
Ok, so I've been on this "I can do this" kick lately - I stayed up late the other night and this was my first attempt at sewing pants for Nina. Don't look too closely, they might fall apart if you stare too hard! Ethan told me that Ro Ro is a good sewer, but I need some help! Thanks, son!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Love all the new pictures! Good job on the sewing too!!! They changed the picture day (I didn't know) at Will's MDO so he wore a long sleeve t-shirt and sweatpants...cute;( Mark probably would have approved - I know Michael did! HA! Glad you guys are doing well and staying busy!!!

Jamie said...

Excellent pictures. Those pants rock! I like to think I have a good memory... but when I eat shaved ice I keep getting terrible headaches to remind me that I am not as smart as I think I am!!!

Just Jen said...

Great photos. That dress you got Nina is adorable.

Shannon said...

Cute pictures and yes, Polo clothes but very cute! I can't believe how big Nina looks everytime I see new pictures of the kids. What a fun day at the zoo, and wish we could get together soon!! Happy Halloween!

Sandra said...

Yes, years ago, I did a display of teacher's childhood pictures along with the name of their favorite children's book for Book Week. I remember your mother's picture and it DOES look like Nina. I think her brother was also in the picture. Somewhere I have a picture of the display we did. If I can find it, I'll scan in in for you.

King Family said...

Cute pictures. Every time you post pictures I think the kids look so big. I think Nina's pants look good. Maybe you can teach me how.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

good luck sewing! It can be pretty fun. The pics are great and the kids look like they are doing well. Hope you are too.

Courtney said...

I loved Ethan in his knight halloween costume & he looks so handsome in his little "polo match" attire, LOL. Nina does look like Mom, that so amazing. Its really interesting how things like that come about. Karen's parents are here for the weekend & we are going into the new church building tomorrow so we're all really excited about that. I'll take some pictures of the church. We can't wait to see you, Mark, Ethan & Nina on Thanksgiving. We love you!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Cute pictures. The zoo is always so much fun. Sounds like you guys have a packed week coming up. Enjoy all the festivities.