Saturday, January 3, 2009

Word for 2009

It's that time of the year again...I'm not sure if any of you remember last year, but Heather T. and Randi K. challenged us to think of a word to focus on for the year. I had no idea when I decided last January that my word (Impact) would be so fitting for 2008, as well as my Mom's word, Become. Anyways, my Mom thought of her word while sitting on the beach in St. Thomas this past week and I thought of my word while driving to the grocery store with no kids in the car - beach in St. Thomas and car with no kids....both peaceful! My word for 2009 is Hope. There are many things that I hope for, but I mainly hope that I can find peace from the impact of last year's loss. I hope I can grow and can remain a faithful Christian, wife, mother and friend. I hope I can fill just a small piece of the huge void that is in my heart and my life. One thing that has been so hard is trying to move on from the extreme disappointment and I "hope" that I can do that. Not just disappointment in what happened, but disappointment from friends and just life in general. My Daddy always told me that you can't count on people, but you can count on God. This is so true and I really never fully believed that until this past year. My Mom has so many wonderful friends and so many people that are constantly around her and showing her their kindness and compassion. I hope that I can be a better friend than even her best friend (she has many) has been to her. I think this is going to be difficult to do, but that is my word for this year, hope.

11 comments:

Courtney said...

Good word...I "hope" this year is better for you too. I know it will be. Love you guys.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

I understand totally and admire you for challenging yourself despite the impact of last year.

Sandra said...

Great word choice. With a heart full of hope you will move forward and be a blessing to many.

Griner Mom said...

I admire you challenging yourself in all those difficult aspects of life. It is not easy to do especially when we have so many reasons to not feel like it. You have inspired me!

Cathy said...

I usually don't leave a comment but I want you to know that I think the word hope is a great word. I hope that this year brings you everything that you hope for. You give hope to us all

Unknown said...

Exactly what we all need! Great word! What did your mom pick?

Shannon said...

Good choice on your word. We could all use a little hope and apply it to our own lives. I pray that this is a great year for you and your family and that the void you feel can be filled with love and happiness and dare I say, HOPE for the future. Love ya!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

I love your word choice. 'Hope' is just filled with wonderous possibilities. I just love this idea, I loved it when I read it last year and love it even more this year! Thanks for sharing your Hope with all and thus giving us a bit as well!

Heather said...

That was great! It is amazing how God works in our lives. I think of you & your family often & pray for you. I think Hope is a great word for you this year, and I, too, wish you a year filled with hope!! {{Big Hugs}}

Ryan said...

have a great new year.

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

Gary, Beth and I hope that you get all that you hope for this year. We love and miss you all.
Megan