Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My favorite time of the year....

This is my favorite time of the year. I love going to the mailbox everyday to see who has gotten their Christmas cards out. I can't wait to clear off the front of my refrigerator in preparation for the pictures that are coming. I also love to go through my basket of old pictures and cards to see how things have changed in the past year, or two, or three. Even after all of my trees are down, all of my Nutcrackers are put away, all of the decorations tucked back in the attic, my cards will remain on the refrig (until Mark gets tired of them falling off)....and then they'll go in the basket until next year when I pull them out to start my favorite time of the year all over again!

5 comments:

Just Jen said...

I love it!!! My fridge is covered too. I arrange them carefully to keep them from falling off so Jamie won't get annoyed. I try to keep them up all year long that way I see many distant friends every single day. I enjoy seeing the instant change when I replace them with the new picture when Christmas rolls around again.

Elizabeth S said...

I missed putting mine up this year!! We were having our hardwood refinished so we weren't even at home all of Christmas week. I put them around one of my doorways and didn't want them in the way, so I just left them down. Sad :( Love the picture!!

King Family said...

I clicked on the picture and then it was like I was standing there looking at your fridge. I could see all your cards pretty close. I love Christmas card time also.
It was so good to see you all this past week.

Sandra said...

I heard once that your emotional happiness could be measured by how many people have open rights to your refrigerator. I bet it can also be measured by how many children's pictures are on your refrigerator door. What a good friend you are to many! Happy, happy new year to all of you.

Kathy said...

That is a fun picture. We have all of our cards on our downstairs closet and bathroom doors. It is fun to look at everyone both near and far. I do love Christmas time!