Sunday, August 23, 2009

What your Mom doesn't know, when it happens, won't hurt her...

As some of you know, we have friends here in Memphis that have airplanes. Mark goes out to the airport every chance he gets to hang out, fly, help out, etc....Well, since my birthday was this past week, Dave told Mark to bring me out so he could take me flying in his little aerobatic airplane. I have never done anything like this, but knew I'd love it. I, of course, was not prepared....I kind of remember Mark telling me to change shoes, but was thinking sippy cup, snack, diaper (for Nina, not me), so didn't change shoes. I had on flip flops! I ended up wearing Mark's tennis shoes - my feet are big, but not man size big....so I felt like a clown! Regardless of the shoes, it was a fabulous ride! Dave is an amazing pilot! As soon as we took off, he had us in tight turns and a low, high speed fly by over the taxi way (right over Amy). The airport is close to downtown Memphis and right off the Mississippi River, so he took me over the River and over creeks - low....like below the tree line low. It was so cool! Then he climbed up to altitude and started doing barrel rolls and all this totally cool stuff - taking the plane straight up and then turning and coming straight down....I know my Mom is cringing right now.....thus the title of this blog! She, up until this point, didn't know that I went up! But, I came back down....had a fabulous time....and want to go back!!! Thanks, Dave for a great ride!!! Heading out to meet Dave at the fuel pump....old school style!



Jay getting me in the parachute



Ok, I've got my parachute and clown shoes on....ready to go!

HOT shoes!



Ok, hurry up before I change my mind!

As we were sitting at the fuel pump, he came in to refuel....Ethan and Nina loved this!


Ok, we're in and ready to roll!

And we're off!

Jay, Amy, Rocket and Nina waiting for us to come back

We're back - and I didn't lose any contents of my stomach!




Where are my flip flops?!

One of the coolest, most generous guys I know - and a great person to be friends with ;-)!!!





5 comments:

Heather said...

I saw these pics on FB, but wasn't sure what it was all about. Sounds like you had a blast! I think I would have been sick!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a fabulous birthday present! That looks like it was fun!! Glad you didn't have to use the parachute. You are the coolest mom and you rock for doing it! Waiting 'til after to tell your mom was a good idea.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

What a great experience! Happy Birthday.

King Family said...

I can't believe you did that. I would have been so sick! Glad you had a good time.

Unknown said...

I think I would have been sick too! Cool video!