Friday, September 7, 2007

Football is here!

Labor Day weekend marked the first weekend of college football...a season that Mark and I thoroughly enjoy and now Ethan enjoys it too! Friday evening we met several couples from church at Harding Academy and watched their football game. The kids had a great time and all was well until the last play of the game...Ethan ate the bleachers in front of us. I was imagining bloody lip, nose, etc...but he just had a nice bump on his head. He actually gets mad when he falls, so after that he was fine. He got a Frosty out of it! So this past week we've really been trying to work with him and his "cool boo boo" as Mark called it. Sunday at church he kept asking people to come with him to see his cool boo boo. It was funny! Saturday evening we went to Mud Island and to a friend's house from Auburn. Their house was amazing and we really enjoyed seeing that part of town and visiting with Amy. Let me put it to you this way...we walked in their house and I told Mark that I would stay in Memphis if I could live on Mud Island! Yeah, it was that nice. Thankfully, Auburn won - but we had a nice time regardless of the football games.The only reason I posted this picture is because it's the only picture of me....if you look closely, you can see the reflection of my orange pants in the truck!

Nina is almost 4 months old and is officially sleeping upstairs. I'm having a hard time with it - it's kind of strange being downstairs with both our babies upstairs. She seems to enjoy her crib - especially when she's on her back (which isn't a lot of the time since I have allowed her to sleep on her belly since she was only a couple of weeks old....Mom of the year, right here!) and she can see her Auburn Tigers. Ethan still likes his big boy bed. He has now learned that he can get in and out whenever he feels like it and that is so much fun! The other day I had put him down (can't remember if it was naptime or nighttime) and I had Nina on our floor changing her diaper. I went into the bathroom and came out like 20 seconds later and there he sat right by Nina. Kind of freaky! We've had to get out the wooden spoon a time or two to get him back upstairs, but for the most part he's really good. We've only had a couple of times where I thought I would lower the crib mattress and put his little behind back in there. Thankfully I can still threaten that!

I'm having playgroup here tomorrow morning (actually in 9 hours)....so why am I still up and on the computer? I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend - kind of sad in some ways because my kids really had cute summer clothes that I'm just not ready to put away! Guess that's a license to shop (hopefully Mark won't read this). But I'm ready for Fall, that's for sure (and the new Fall TV lineup)! Hope everyone has a nice weekend and enjoy the football - we will! War Eagle!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

You own orange pants? Just kidding! :) I love all the new pictures! Sounds like you guys are making new friends, that is great! Hope to see you soon...

King Family said...

I love the pictures. The one of them in the bath is cute. Nina looks so big sitting in that little seat!
War Eagle!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

So, do you not like it in Memphis? Hopefully you enjoy football season and hopefully it cools off soon. That bump on his head looks pretty bad. Ouch!

Candie Bowen said...

Hey! I just found your blog. Your family is so adorable. Joy Marie told me that you all moved. Love the Varsity pix. We just took Brody there for the first time.

Roll Tide!!

Griner Mom said...

That bump on his head looks pretty bad! OUch! He looks content with his frosty though. It is amazing how fast they bounce back. Sounds like you guys are staying busy with fun things planned! I am ready for fall too! Enjoy the games, Ashley

Heather said...

Ouch for Ethan! And what a beautiful dress on little Nina!!

Heather said...

UHHHH.....can you say child and family services?!?! Take it east on the kid...ghezzzzzz?!?! I realize Auburn stinks but don't beat the kid over it?!?! Chris T.

Elizabeth S said...

Hey Mandy! Of course I remember you! Your kids are precious! I got excited when I saw you were in Tennessee, but Memphis is quite a drive from Murfreesboro! Oh well. Glad to see you are doing great. Talk to you later!