Monday, September 17, 2007

Nina is 4 months old!

9/11 was Mark's 1 year anniversary at FedEx - 1 down, 34 to go! It's amazing how this past year has flown by. We also took Nina for her 4 month check up that day. She is perfect - 16. 4 lbs and 27 1/2 inches long. Dr. Welch said she looks like a 6 month old baby and is pleased with her growth. Ethan also accompanied us to visit Dr. Welch. For those of you that know Ethan well, you know that wasn't easy for him. But he did fine and actually liked Dr. Welch (not sure if he likes her enough to go back in February for his 3 year checkup). He had the nurses eating out of his hands - suckers and stickers galore! I know this post said "Nina"...but she doesn't do anything but eat, sleep, pee and poop - well, she's laughing now and that's so sweet! Her eyes just light up when she sees us. Ok, back to Ethan. This week he really wanted to figure out how to hold 2 and 3 fingers up - he just hadn't mastered that. He kept coming up to me and saying, "Tell me 3, Mommy." After an afternoon of over and over and over having to fix his fingers...he can now do it himself. This is a MAJOR accomplishment for him because it aides in his song leading ability. Now he can hold his fingers up to tell you what verse is coming. It also helps him to sing louder...holding 2 fingers up or 3 fingers up. He's too funny! I'll try to get this on the video card and post it - it's rather hilarious. It's so much fun to see both these precious children doing important things for the first time - first laughs, first time to hold 2 fingers up, etc.. Here are a few pictures of Nina and Ethan together - the one of Ethan with his 2 fingers and Nina looking at him like she doesn't really care....is funny. It's amazing how many pictures you take trying to get "the 1" - I don't think I got it, but here are some cute ones.

This is some serious song leading

ENOUGH singing, Ethan!! Seriously, Ethan - ENOUGH!

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Love all the pictures but expecially the last one. I don't think that's frustration in her eyes; I think it is adoration. How soon she will be trying to do everything he does.

Lots of love!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

How funny! I am sure it is neat to watch your kids play together.

Unknown said...

The shirts were loud. BUT THEY WERE NOT ONEZ's and DID NOT HAVE THEIR initials across the chest.

Cant wait to Savannah. I need the break.

Dave

Mandy said...

Ok, Ok, David...I'll give that to you. Did you see what Ethan had on for church here yesterday? Mark said that he knew you and Todd were laughing deep down without knowing why! Yes, Savannah will be fun - can't wait!!

Heather said...

I love the pics!!! They look so much alike!!!!!!! Adorable! Can't wait to see ya'll!!

Courtney said...

Cute pictures!!!! Nina is really getting big, she looks more baby, less newborn.

Ryan said...

They are wonderful...and look so much alike!!!

King Family said...

They look so cute. I can't wait to see Ethan lead singing. I wonder if he will do it for me. Can't wait to see you all.

Griner Mom said...

I love the picture of both their tongues sticking out. I can tell they are going to have a lot of fun together. It is so precious to see your kids play together and be such good buddies. I love to see the older ones hanging out together (which is a little more rare these days), and the younger ones as they would say "being crazy" together. Fun, Fun!! Ashley

moshieraj said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the last one when they are looking at each other and the one of them sticking out their tongues.TOO CUTE!

the robertsons said...

I LOVE their dimples!! They are precious together.