Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fun In Memphis

Nina in her cute ballerina dress - appropriate Wednesday night church attire, right?



Today we decided to spend the day in Memphis...we took Ethan (and Nina) to The Peabody to see the ducks march in to the lobby. He loved it! We went up on the roof of the hotel to see the duck palace (where the ducks live from 5pm - 11am) and enjoyed beautiful views of Memphis and the Mississippi River. Then we went over to Amy's house on Mud Island and ended up going out to the airport with her. There is a big airshow in Memphis this weekend and Amy and Dave are taking one of their airplanes (a Sea Fury...a World War II British fighter) to the airshow for display, so Dave was at the airport washing the plane and getting it ready to fly to the airshow tomorrow. Mark and I thoroughly enjoyed being around all the neat airplanes and hope one day to have our own out there! The news helicopter is based there and was in the hangar - Ethan and Mark got to play around in it. The Red Barons are performing at the airshow this weekend and they were out at the airport - Amy actually got to go up for a ride and the pilots were so nice to Ethan and gave him an autographed picture. Ethan had so much fun and loves Amy! We all enjoyed our day and thank Amy and Dave for letting us hang out with them. Mark has to work this Saturday but I am taking Ethan to the airshow - the Blue Angels will be there!! Hopefully Ethan will enjoy the show - at least Amy will be there to help entertain him!

5 comments:

King Family said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I bet Ethan loved all the airplanes. I want to go to the Peabody when we come visit.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

How fun. I am sure it is nice to get out of the house and do fun things as a family. If you leave a comment on my blog again, I would love to know how Courtney is doing.

The Parker Family said...

Hey! Thanks for the post on my blog. Great to hear from you. You have a beautiful family...love all the pictures. I will definitely be visiting your blog to stay updated.

the robertsons said...

Love all the pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun day, and a perfect family event.

RoadRunner said...

wow, the people you find in the world of blogs. I came across Courtney's myspace page and contacted her. She led me to her blogspot page, then I find you linked to hers.
You look like you are doing well in Memphis. Your kids are beautiful. I haven't seen Ethan since he was teeny tiny. They grow up so quick. We need to catch up sometime.
-Justin