Monday, February 11, 2008

Nina is 9 months old!

Nina turned 9 months old February 8th. I can't believe she's 9 months old already! She is very social and loves to wave and pat whoever is holding her on their back. She is not crawling and for that I am very thankful!!! At her checkup she was 21.4 oz and 29 1/2 inches - 95 to off the chart on the growth chart. Extremely healthy and that is something we are so grateful for! Ethan will be 3 on the 19th....he is so funny and lately has decided that he wants big boy underwear on all the time. He's doing great with that....except will tell me when he wants to go poopie and he needs a diaper on - once I put the diaper on, he goes and then wants to be changed back into his big boy underwear. Whatever works for now is fine! He has such a funny personality - yesterday after church his Sunday School teacher told me that he said to her, Miss Berta, you're making me yawn!" And he yawned as he told her that - and then said, but it's ok, it's alright, I'm done yawning now....she told me that she was taking her time getting to him to say his books of the Bible - I guess he was getting bored. Too funny! She says every week he always comes up with something that makes them about wet their pants! That's my child! Enjoy the latest pictures of the kids taken yesterday when we got home from church. We're heading back to GA this week to celebrate Ethan's birthday. Pa and Ro Ro are driving in from Maryland for the weekend as well. We're leaving Sunday - Poppa and Nona are going to TX to visit Courtney and Landon and we're coming back to Memphis and the Kings are coming with us. We're excited about this weekend and next week!


Ethan in front of the magnolia tree Mr. Donnie planted for us

It's soooo hard trying to get good pictures of both kids at the same time! Ethan had already had enough and had told me so - you can tell Nina is clapping her hands and Ethan is moving his legs...both are a little blurry in those areas
Nina loved chewing on the precious bracelet that Denise and Megan had given her. She also loved waving that arm wildly because it would make the silver disk make noise (during church). So sweet and fun at this age!!!

13 comments:

Jana said...

Wow, I can't believe Nina is already 9 months and Ethan 3. She is so adorable, especially with the bracelet and hairbow, something I know nothing about. Can't wait to see you guys.

Courtney said...

They are so cute!!!! Nina is a little chunk isn't she, I love it! Ethan is so funny - I love all of the stories. How fun Chris and Melanie are coming to visit! You guys will have a blast - I know you both miss each other SO much!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Time flies doesn't it? I can't believe Nina is so big already. I remember thinking she was SUCH a tiny baby. They are precious. We miss the "Ethan-isms".

moshieraj said...

Fuuny stories about sunday school class and poopy! Boys will be boys! I am so glad Nina is healthy. She is a beautiful 9 month old!

The Unlikely Homeschooler said...

They are absolutely precious. I love the Sunday School story!!

Heather said...

What sweet pictures! They're growing so fast!!

King Family said...

So cute! Ilove that little dress of Nina's. We can't wait to see you guys. Allie is very excited about coming to see you and spending the night!

Ryan said...

Great pictures!!! You guys are always so busy!!! Have a fun weekend.

Samantha said...

Your children are so pretty! Congrats on a fun and healthy 9 months.

The Parker Family said...

Your kids are too stinkin' cute even if they won't sit still for the camera. I love reading about them. Your focus word for the year really inspired me. I have decided my word for this year is patience. Thanks for sharing that story with the blogging world.

The Parker Family said...

Your kids are too stinkin' cute even if they won't sit still for the camera. I love reading about them. Your focus word for the year really inspired me. I have decided my word for this year is patience. Thanks for sharing that story with the blogging world.

The Parker Family said...

Your kids are too stinkin' cute even if they won't sit still for the camera. I love reading about them. Your focus word for the year really inspired me. I have decided my word for this year is patience. Thanks for sharing that story with the blogging world.

Anonymous said...

Hey Big Sister! - Landon's going to love seeing those pictures of Ethan on the Backhoe! Nina is so precious in her cute dress and bracelet! I love my niece & nephew, their growing so fast! Love you! - Courtney Knight