Friday, July 25, 2008

The King...to The Queen

Wednesday evening my Mom and her good friend Cleo arrived from Dallas. Cleo flew to Dallas Wednesday morning just so my Mom would have someone to ride back to Georgia with her. She's a great friend! Yesterday, Mom kept the kids while Mark was in the kitchen making chicken parm, homemade alfredo and eclairs. Cleo and I took off and visited The King's house - Elvis, that is. We had a blast! She grew up following Elvis and had seen him on his first tour. Elvis week is coming up, so Graceland was already buzzing. We both really enjoyed our visit, especially listening to all the wonderful music. Then, after our incredible dinner prepared by Chef Mark, Mom, Cleo, Cathy and I went to see Mamma Mia. Mom had already seen it but wanted to go again. That's how good it is! We had so much fun and there was not one man in the audience. A great girl's night out movie! The play is great - but we think the movie might be better. You really want to get up and dance in the aisles, especially with Dancing Queen!! Go see it! Graceland
Nina before church last Sunday night in the dress my parents brought back from Budapest

11 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for looking at my blog.
I love seeing yourpictures of the children. They are sooo precious!
Ok, is Mark a gormet or something? I mean, WOW, the strawberrycake from scratch, eclairs.YUM! Todd burnt some Pillsbury whomp choclate chip cookies for us the other night. I want to come to your house.
Speaking of Elvis,did you know he remarried us in Vegas on Todd's
40th birthday in 2003? It was classic. I surprised Todd with a trip.We laughed all the way through it. The guy was Todd's height and really sang great &
looked the part. We almost got the other "Elvis" that was 5'5. That would have been a hoot!
Take Care!
Leslie

Elizabeth S said...

She is so cute! Her hair is getting long!

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

How nice of Cleo! My mom, sisters and I are all going to see Mamma Mia together in 2 weeks. Very exciting! The dress is so cute!

Kathy said...

Cute pictures of Nina.
I have been to Graceland a couple of times, and I must say it is quite disappointing. But then, I am not a huge Elvis fan either. Maybe I just don't "get it." :)

Unknown said...

I forgot Elvis married Les and Todd. That is totally them, isn't it!
Sounds like ya'll are having a blast! Isn't Cleo a hoot. I miss her and your mom so much! DH said Cleo called and they wanted me to meet them at the Loveless Cafe in Nashville. I would have in a second if I wasn't down here in FL until Tuesday.
Man, I would love for DH to cook for me. That Mark's a keeper.
Love you all!

Heather said...

What a fun outing! That meal sounds so yummy & I love the pic of Nina. She is such a doll!!! Hope you are doing well....think of you often. ;)

King Family said...

I am glad you all had a good time. Next time I come I want to go to Graceland. I love Nina's dress. She looks so sweet.

Mommy of Boys said...

Nina is so sweet!

Just Jen said...

I had a girls night out last night and saw Mama Mia, you are so right I just wanted to dance along with them.

Jana said...

I haven't been to Graceland but I have seen the house Elvis was born in. Nina is such a doll.

Courtney said...

oops..I thought I had commented already! How cute is she in that dress! She is growing like crazy!!! I put your jewelry in the mail the other day - hope you like it! Hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon!