Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Nina!

We spent this past weekend celebrating Nina's first birthday. Friday morning, Ro Ro flew in from Baltimore and she spent the day with Ethan at the construction site down the street - they are building a new house and every day Ethan is more and more fascinated by the trucks, deliveries, etc....so that's what they did Friday. Friday evening, Nona and Poppa drove in from Georgia. Ethan was so excited to stay up late and wait for them to arrive - actually he got his Jeep out and drove in the cul de sac and waited for them there (I was there too).

Saturday morning we had Nina's party and we all had so much fun! Nina loved her birthday cake and all of her presents! She sat in her highchair for over an hour eating her cake and wasn't too thrilled when we pulled her out.

Sunday we all went to church and then Nona and Poppa headed out and we came home to crash. We had a low key Mother's Day - but Mark made his French Breakfast Puffs rolled in cinnamon and sugar for a treat and treated me to a little blue box - I loved both treats!!

Monday we ended Ro Ro's visit with a trip to FedEx so she could see Mark's office and the impressive training facilities. Of course it included a trip to the simulators! This time Ethan really got into it - Mark had us on the runway and had another airplane take off from the other end of the runway and then all of a sudden he had the firetrucks drive down the runway to meet us - Ethan thought that was the best! We had a great time there!

We had a wonderful weekend with our family and friends and enjoyed celebrating the first year of Nina's life. Thank you to Ro Ro for flying to see us and for Nona and Poppa for making the drive. We have so much to be thankful for!! Enjoy these pictures - but I'm warning you, this is a long post!


Ethan loves to get his tractors and sit in the lot next to us and dig - I think this day he went through at least 3 pair of shorts! Ethan and Ro Ro watching the men smooth out the foundation of the new house down the street
Nona and Mommy with Nina Nina with Ro Ro and Nona Nina with Marion and Kathy
Nina with Adam and Madeleine - I used to babysit them in GA
The birthday girl in her hat made by Ashley - it was so cute!!!
The cakes that traveled all the way from Georgia - got to have Stacey's cakes!! Nina loved the cake, but was very serious about it!
The hat came off...
Then the dress came off.... Telling Ro Ro how wonderful her cake is!

I love cake!!!
Nina sitting in her rocking chair from the Millers - Cathy painted and decorated it! It's sooooo cute!!
Poppa and Nona with Ethan and Nina
Ethan with his one and only Ms Cathy!

Happy Birthday to me!!
Opening presents with the help of big brother and Madeleine Nina and her pink baby grand piano courtesy of Nona and Poppa
Ethan taking a little break outside in the sandbox with Ro Ro, Hunter and Jackson
Trying to get a family picture
Nina is letting us know she was done with pictures....
So, if you don't stop taking pictures, I'll just lay my head down where you can't see me!
Nothing wrong with a little naked piano playing when you're 1 year old!
Mommy and Nona with the kids on Mother's Day
Daddy and Ro Ro with the kids on Mother's Day

Playing in the MD-11 simulator
Nina getting a little left seat action!

Ethan's first swim of the season!

Hope you enjoyed Nina's first birthday party and our weekend! We had a great time together!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Precious, cute, adorable, blessed, hilarious pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderful and memorable week for Nina's birthday. Happy 1st Birthday Nina!!

Courtney said...

I loooooovvvveeee all the pictures! Nina is just the cutest!!! I am so glad she had a great 1st birthday and I am cracking up at that piano! Too cute!

Elizabeth S said...

What great pictures! Campbell turns one on Saturday! I can't believe it. My e-mail address is elizabethshirley@bellsouth.net. I would love to send your husband a resume to pass on. We are trying to get one out everywhere. Happy Birthday Nina!!

King Family said...

Oh I wish we could have been there!!!!!! She is so cute. I love all the pictures. Looks like she had a great time. I love the pink rocking chair and piano. We can't wait to see you all soon.

Kathy said...

A year old; hard to believe! I love all the pictures. Everything looked adorable.
Looks like Ethan had lots of fun while the grandparents were around. What fun!

Griner Mom said...

What an awesome post! I know it takes a while to put on all the pictures but they are all sooo good! Landon would be so jealous about the airplanes!! Looks like the party was a big success! I loved her cake and the baby grand piano was so precious, especially the piano pictures! :) She looked so cute in her hat and I loved seeing her in it, thanks again for letting me make it for her!! Have a great week!

Ryan said...

what a great party!!!! She looks so big. You truly have a beautiful family!!!

Jodi Brinkley said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday! The pictures are terrific. I LOVE the piano.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness.... I love all the pictures! Her dresses are so cute...and the baby grand? Love it! Looks like a great weekend. I know you have been busy getting ready to come here as well. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Your family is Looking so adorable. Im sorry I havnt been in touch, I havnt been able to get onto the BLOG site on alot of Military locations. I will be in touch soon!

Steph