Monday, May 5, 2008

Week in Review...

We started the week with a trip to the zoo. Ethan loves the penguins!
Actually stopping and smiling in front of the pretty flowers before going to see the Panda bears
Checking out the picture of the FedEx plane that brought the Pandas to Memphis
Mommy and Ethan in front of one of the elephants
This man was great! He's there everyday at 1:30pm to answer questions and give a little history about the giraffe. What a neat animal! Anyways, he reminded both of us of Mark's Uncle Malcolm. He was full of knowledge and it was obvious how much he loves these animals! By the way, a couple times a day, the male giraffe prods the female giraffe in the backside and makes her tinkle...he then drinks it and the glands in his mouth break her urine down and tell him whether or not she's "ready to go"....like I said, this man was FULL of giraffe knowledge!Nina asleep with her panda bearNina and Mark enjoying the zoo!After the zoo, Mark took Ethan home for his nap and I ran to Sams, Wal-Mart and Target. Sams and Wal-Mart are right next to each other, so I put Nina in Ethan's seat in between stores and she thought that was great!Some pictures Wednesday night before church
I thought this was funny because they have the same distressed look on their faces!

Mark recently figured out that Ethan's Jeep has a screw in the gear shift and you can take the screw out and make the Jeep go faster. It goes from 3 miles and hour to 7 miles an hour. Basically I have to walk rather quickly to keep up with him! Ethan thinks it's great when he can go faster and has learned that it has enough power to take it off into the grown up lot next to us...and he can plow through without getting stuck! He was rather proud of his accomplishment!
Thursday night we drove to Collierville to watch Madeleine play soccer - we had a great time and afterwards had dinner at Booya's with Marion and Madeleine. She played well!
Nina chewing on the crust from some pizza....introducing her to more and more table foods since she'll be 1 this Thursday!

We ended our week with a trip to Chattanooga. My aunt Dodie passed away last week. She had cancer and had been battling it for 2 years. She was a great aunt...loved everyone, especially her family. She was always fun to be around and we already miss her! Steve, my uncle, and Ryan, my cousin, are both heartbroken! Ryan will be 14 this summer and really needs his Mom. She loved them both soooo much and they are going to have a tough time getting through this! Here are 2 pictures from 2005 at my parent's lake house. Please keep them in your prayers!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Mandy,
I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt Dodie. Leslie told me this morning. ...your dad's sister, right? That is heartbreaking when the children are so young. You'll have to remember great memories that you can share with them.

Fabulous pictures! I can't believe how fast Nina is growing! And Ethan is so cute in his car. They learn to love going fast early, don't they? Ha!

Unknown said...

I think I had that wrong...your dad's sister-in-law? Anyway, our prayers are with them.

Jodi Brinkley said...

I did not hear about your aunt. So sorry.
I LOVE the picture of Ethan showing PURE delight in his jeep. Too cute. And, I absolutely cannot believe Nina is almost one. Where does the time go?

Sandy Wisenbaker said...

Man -- you guys keep busy. We haven't ventured to a zoo yet. Glad to see you are all doing so well. We miss you!

King Family said...

So sorry about your aunt. The pictures were all cute. Nina is such a beautiful baby. Looks like the zoo was fun. We have got to go soon. This is a great time of year.

Jana said...

I know you guys had fun at the zoo. We talked about going before the weather got too hot but haven't made it yet. Sorry to hear about your dear Aunt Dodie.

Heather said...

The pic of Ethan in front of the pink flowers is so good!
Looks like a fun trip to the zoo but I have to say that was way too much info about the giraffe!!! LOL......
Again-I am so sorry about your Aunt. We will say a little prayer for them.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing about the giraffe's and their urine. That was interesting!! The pictures are great!

Courtney said...

I am so sorry about your aunt too. Your mom was telling us about it when we were in town. That is hilarious about his Jeep - I am sure he is loving that! The kids are sooooo cute! You always have them dressed so cute too. I love his Petit Frere outfit. I bought one for Will at Christmas - the cutest lime green fine wale corduroy with a little Rudolph face...anyway - he was wayyyyy to thick for the outfit. They are cut pretty narrow. I hope one of these days he can wear those jon jons because they are my favorite!!! Glad you guys are doing so well!

moshieraj said...

You guys are BUSY, BUSY,BUSY!!! I LOVE the new photo at the top of your blog. SO precious!
I am very sorry about your aunt and will keep you and your family in my thoughts.