Monday, December 8, 2008

End of November and Beginning of December

When I went to upload pictures for this post, I realized that I hadn't posted since before Thanksgiving...so there is a lot! We enjoyed being in Georgia for Thanksgiving and the kids seemed to have a good time. Since being home, December has already gotten off to quite a busy start! Ro Ro was in town last week and that's always fun. Ethan and Nina loved having complete attention - Ethan especially! Ro Ro was a huge help around the house - unfortunately she came in the middle of the Christmas decorating, but she just jumped right in and did more than her part! I have 6 full size trees in the house this year!! We will be back in Georgia for Christmas, but I just couldn't not put everything out - I love it all!!!

Saturday morning I ran in my first half marathon. It was freezing that morning and the wind was blowing pretty hard during some of it, but I survived and had the best time! I ran with a friend from church, Kelly. She and her husband Jason have 4 girls and they both find time to train! He was in a coral ahead of us and finished in under 2 hours. We ran together the entire time and finished in 2:35:07 - I would have liked to done it in under 2 1/2, but that will be my goal for the next one. The race started in downtown Memphis, went by Bealle Street and by St. Jude's (thus the name St. Jude Marathon weekend), through Overton Park where the zoo is, and then back down Poplar and into AutoZone Park for the finish. It was a great course! Jason was waiting for us at the finish line and we went for the food.....HOT McAlister's soup, Domino's Pizza, KRISPY KREME donuts....was worth the 13.1!!! I'm going to sign up for the Country Music half in Nashville with Kelly (that's the end of April) and I might sign up for one in Atlanta in March. I never thought I'd do this - and at the half marathon and full marathon split, I thought there's NO way I could keep going for more - half is quite enough accomplishment for me! An incredible experience!!

The rest of the month is packed full, as I'm sure everyone elses is too! It's just that time of the year! Happy December!!! Papa on Thanksgiving Day with Ethan and Nina
Nana and Mema with Nina
My cousin Ryan with Nina - which one needs a haircut worse??
Ethan holding baby Hunter
Mommy and Nina about to have Thanksgiving dinner
Nona with her 3 grandkids
Courtney showing Ms. Margaret baby Hunter
The Friday night after Thanksgiving, a bunch of us met at Partner's in Peachtree City to have dinner and catch up - the Abrahams, Sims, Craddocks, Thompsons and Justices - we all had a great time!!
Matt Craddock with Melanie and Mandy - some things never change!
Mema with Hunter on his first trip to Partner's Pizza
The "kids" with their "kids"
Nana and Papa with their great grandkids
Mema with her great grandkids (but Nina wouldn't let Nona go, so she's in the pic too)
Picking out our Christmas tree
Ethan and Nina picking out our tree
For the 2nd year we've got to Collierville with the Maunds for the tree lighting and Santa's arrival. It was a lot of fun again, but very cold!
Nina was tired on the way home and I was running out of things to give her, so I gave her some gum....she LOVES gum - my child for sure - loves sweet tea and gum! But she was quiet and I looked back and this is what I saw.
Nina with her Christmas tree

Ethan with his Christmas tree
Nina getting her first haircut
She didn't really know what to think - but she didn't care because she had a sucker!
Mandy and Kelly after the half marathon - we finally found Mark and Ethan in the waiting area at AutoZone Park...and lucky us, he brought the camera!
Can you tell Ethan's looking into the sun???
Very proud - now it's time for a HOT shower and a nap!!!
Ro Ro with Ethan and Nina at the Bartlett Christmas parade
Santa arrives on Bartlett's Ladder truck - Ethan was so excited!!
There were numerous bands in the parade and Ethan loved them - I made the mistake of telling him that Mark had a trombone at home...so as soon as we got home, this is what happened. He loved it though and Mark actually could still play!
Below is the beginning of Christmas card attempts. I think I got one that I'll use, but if you notice wet spots on Nina's dress it's because Mark kept putting a sucker in her mouth before I'd take the picture so she'd smile - so there are drool spots on her dress! What do ya do though???




10 comments:

The Parker Family said...

Congrats on completing your first half marathon. They can be addictive. Andy and I plan to run in the Country Music one. Let me know if you decide to do it. It is a really fun race.
The pictures of your kids are great. They are adorable!

Heather said...

Great pics!!! Girl...you are too brave giving a small child gum in the car! I have had to cut it out of Gracie's hair before...argh! Hayden always swallows it! Anywho-love the pics...especially the generational pics when you were home. Ya'll have been busy busy!

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures! I love Nina pointing at her little ornaments! That's pure Christmas!

I can't wait until ya'll get here this weekend!!!!!!!!! And thanks Mark for keeping the kids and letting Mandy come!

Jana said...

Great pictures of Thanksgiving trip. I can only imagine how happy your mom and grandparents were to see the children. Congrats on the half marathon. That is awesome. The pics are so cute with all the Christmas events and the expressions on Ethan and Nina's faces.

King Family said...

I have been waiting for you to post something. The pictures are really good. I still can't believe Nina chews gum. I guess not in the car anymore! That is a good family picture at the Christmas tree farm.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

What a great accomplishment! Congrats. Her new haircut is cute and that one pic of just her face is precious. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas season. I am praying for your family.

Sandra said...

Love the picture of Ethan holding Hunter. He looks so proud.
Congratulations on the marathon!!

Griner Mom said...

What an awesome post!! Your kids both look so great and Nina is really growing into a little girl instead of a baby girl. Looks like you are all enjoying the holiday and having fun! I loved the group picture of everyone at Patners. I have not seen Matt Craddock in forever! I am sure it was neat to see everyone. Have a wonderful Christmas! By the way I LOVE the gum picture!

Jamie said...

Now that is a post!!! I was sad that I missed the big gathering at PTC by one week. I love all the pictures. Thank you for posting them. Congratulations on the half marathon. I am working on building up to a 5K myself... I can finish it now but I want to get my time under 30 minutes. I can't imagine going for the half marathon though! That's awesome!

Ryan said...

Wonderful pictures!!! Congrats on your half marathon!!! I know you were so proud of yourself. The kids look beautiful!!