Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mark, Elvis and Nina

Today is Mark's birthday. Yesterday was Elvis' birthday - he would have been 73. Also, Nina was 8 months old yesterday. She is waving now and it's so cute and is very vocal. She's also started reaching out for you to pick her up - so sweet. Tonight after church, Mark had Nina in the crib while he was putting Ethan's pjs on and I came in to find her pulling herself over and trying to pull herself up....NOT ready for this at all. We are celebrating Mark's birthday Friday night, but I could not let today go by without making some sort of dessert - so I made a homemade chocolate pie. Oh my goodness! It was soooo good - glad I went running this afternoon. There is a Viking store and cooking school here in Memphis, so I gave Mark cooking classes. He's excited and is looking through the class schedule to pick out what class he wants to attend. I'm pushing for the Parisian Pastry class....

Ethan helping Mark blow his candles out
Enjoying Mark's homemade whipped cream
Happy Birthday Mark!!
Mommy and Ethan eating chocolate pie
How cute is this face???
I love this hat Nona and Poppa brought Nina from Austria
Not ready for this....Nina trying to see what's going on down below
So proud of herself!
I can see you...

7 comments:

Jana said...

Happy Birthday to Mark. Looks like you guys were having a lot of fun. Nina is an absolute doll. Can't wait to see you guys.

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday to everybody:) That pie looks delicious! What a great idea for Mark's birthday gift. I am sure he will enjoy that! Could your kids be any cuter???

Heather said...

She is SO cute!!! Happy Birthday Mark!!! The pie looks quite tasty!!

King Family said...

Happy Birthday Mark!! I wish we could have been there to celebrate and eat that pie. Yummy! I know Mark will enjoy the cooking lessons and you will enjoy it also. Great idea. Nina is getting so big. Those are great pictures. She looks so proud of herself.

King Family said...

Happy Birthday Mark!! I wish we could have been there to celebrate and eat that pie. Yummy! I know Mark will enjoy the cooking lessons and you will enjoy it also. Great idea. Nina is getting so big. Those are great pictures. She looks so proud of herself.

David, Samantha and Kaori said...

Looks like a fun birthday and a fun birthday gift you gave him. All the pictures are of course very cute.

Jodi Brinkley said...

Happy Birthday Mark. You always know the best recipes. Where did that one come from? The children are beautiful.