Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WE WANT DADDY!!!!!!!!!!

Mark had to go to Maryland for a funeral - his best friend growing up, Bill's father passed away early Sunday morning. Mr. Chedester was a wonderful man and will be missed by many!

Anyways, while he's gone, I'm holding down the fort....well, let's just say we're here. Nina is cutting her first 2 teeth and has a little runny nose. Ethan is Ethan....did you know his airport is closed on Sunday and it's far away so he has to drive there? That's what I just learned! Oh, and he has kids - his kids go everywhere with us and they sleep in the guest room and he will go in there and wake them up. He is a wild thing with a very vivid imagination!!! Every sound or noise for the past 2 days he thinks that it is Mark coming home. He misses his Daddy - we're all of a sudden so used to having him around.

I haven't gotten much done around the house, but I did make homemade chicken pot pie last night...so that should count for something, right? Mark will jumpseat on FedEx and arrive back in Memphis Thursday morning - I will be leaving for the Carribean shortly after that (just kidding)!

It's amazing how I have gotten used to having Mark around - he is such a HUGE help with the kids, dinner, or whatever else around the house. Don't get me wrong, it's been nice having a little time for myself - oh wait, I can't go anywhere in the house without Ethan yelling, "Mom, where are you?" "Mom, what are you doing?" Then when I tell him what I'm doing, I get..."Why?" I'm so tired of WHY - and I know it doesn't get any better - it just cracks me up that everything is why. Why is it dark, why is it cloudy, why is Elmo not on, why are we having sandwiches, why is Nina asleep, why is Daddy in Maryland, why why why... but we are ready for Mark to come home!

Ethan having a naked sing along after bath time...lately he thinks it's funny to clear his throat before telling everyone what number to sing and before starting to sing. I don't remember our song leader doing that Sunday...but then, he probably pays closer attention to that sort of stuff than I do!Ethan's pitiful face...I even tried to get him to love me by wearing the I love Mom pjs...but he still wanted DaddyPitiful Nina last night after bath time - she just wanted to go to bed! Brother finally made her smile though
I don't know if you can see this or not...but if you look closely behind Ethan you might see white swirl marks all over the red walls. Mark and I noticed this the other night as he was walking out the door for the airport. Yesterday morning I asked Ethan what was on the wall. He stood there and said, "um, um, probably it was, actually it was...um, it's scratched." So I proceeded to ask him how it was scratched and he said he used his fingernails. CAN YOU IMAGINE scratching a wall with your nails??? Then he said to me, "Go get the camera and take my picture." So I did. It came off, no big deal...but I told him we don't color on the walls with anything!

WE WANT DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

King Family said...

Sounds like you are having fun. Hope Mark gets back soon. We can't wait to see you guys! Allie looked at the pictures with me. She thought Ethan was so funny. Allie says hi!

Heather said...

That's hilarious him asking you to take his pic. by the scratches on the wall! Gracie will ask me to take pics of her now for the blog. They learn quick, don't they?
I'm sure Mark will appreciate that sweet post! ;) As Willie Mae says, you'll have to treat him real good tonight!!!! LOL...
Anywho-it's snowing & sleeting here! I'm sure all of us in Ga will be blogging about that!
See you next week & have a safe trip! :)

Jana said...

LOL...I have days like that but know David will walk in the door by 5:30pm. Take care and hang in there. Mark will be home soon.

Jodi Brinkley said...

Fantastic post. I'm cracking up from start to finish! I don't know what I liked best...Is it the song leading or the scratches on the wall? Too funny!!! I think you deserve a trip to the Carribean.

Kathy said...

It's amazing how good a daddy is! I know we can't live without Brodie's! I am glad Mark will be home soon. I'm glad the scratches came off the wall. :) Funny that he wanted the picture with them!

Courtney said...

All that just made me laugh out loud. Ethan is hilarious - um, um, actually....I love it! I love the pitiful look - what little cuties!

Ryan said...

I know that's how I feel when Bryan has to go out of town on business. I love the pic of Ethan clearing his throat...he looks so much older.

Lindsay said...

I totally understand your pain, my husband has been gone for two weeks and he comes home TOMORROW!! Hey, if you could email me (lindsay_york@hotmail.com) some ideas for shopping online, I would really appreciate it. And I love little boys in smocked clothes, so classy! Thanks Mandy!

Griner Mom said...

Absence really does make the heart grow fonder! Really sweet post for Mark to read!