Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Poppa!

Ethan, Nina and I are in Georgia for the week to help celebrate Poppa's birthday. We arrived on Sunday and there was still snow on the ground. The closer we got to Georgia is where we started seeing the snow on the ground and I would tell Ethan to look and see the snow - after 2 times he told me "Mama, I saw it already." Today, we got up and there was still some in the yard - so we got bundled up and went out for awhile. Ethan and Nina loved it. I can only imagine what they would do in much much more than this. Maybe we'll see a big snow this year in Memphis.

Tonight was Poppa's birthday party (Tuesday is his birthday). The house was full and we had lots of fun. Ethan loved having a large crowd around to entertain and Nina was as lady like as always.

We are looking forward to our week here at home. I've had 2 of my "must haves" while home - Partners and Publix. One thing I miss more than anything is Publix! Tomorrow night we're heading into Atlanta to go to the OK Cafe for dinner - is this Poppa's week or mine? Hmmmm!Mark is in Memphis and is on call this week, so he had to stay there. I'm sure after one night without us he's already well rested! Don't feel too badly for him! We miss him - but it's nice to be home!



So this is snow?


Ethan throwing a snowball into Nina's hat...and looking mighty proud of himself
Nina loved the snow and loved wearing her hat too! Happy Birthday Poppa!!!
Ethan helping Poppa blow his candles out

After everyone left, I went up to put my pjs on and was going to come down and get Ethan ready for bed. When Randi and Ed were leaving Ethan was getting sleepy, so I thought he might go down easily and quickly tonight. As I was upstairs I heard Poppa say something to Ethan about some jelly beans, so I ran to the top of the stairs and yelled down that he was to have NO jelly beans and for him to drink his milk. When I came downstairs, this is what I found....Ethan had pulled a chair up to the bar and climbed up and was taking is finger and licking the chocolate icing AND was drinking tea, not milk. Nona was in charge. He did go to sleep quickly though - he's worn out!

7 comments:

Jana said...

Adorable pictures. Glad you are here for a while too. Happy Birthday to your dad.

King Family said...

Looks like the party for Papa was fun. Tell him Happy Birthday for us. We are looking forward to seeing you all this week. I can't believe how much the kids have grown since we saw them last.

Heather said...

LOL... That's what grandparents are for...to break the rules & spoil them right? I hope to see you this week! Glad you're here!!

Courtney said...

Grandparents LOVE to spoil don't they! You try so hard and then they reverse everything! :) Just kidding! Happy Birthday to your dad! Mom and dad said they had fun at the party. I hope you guys have a fun week! I am jealous! Oh yeah, I love the pic of Ethan putting a snowball on Nina - he looks mischevious! I love it!

Sandra said...

Tell Mike "Happy Birthday" for us. Your snow pictures are great. See you at homecoming; wish we could have a little more visit than that. We'll work on it.

Mrs. Sandra

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. Enjoy your week at "home" It is always nice to go home.

Jodi Brinkley said...

Terrific pictures. I enjoyed getting to love on the kids Thursday. They are both growing so much. Ethan sounds like such a big boy, and Nina is as precious as ever.